Don't forget that our next meeting is on Tuesday, December 21st at 4:00 pm after school in the Library. There is also an officer's meeting on Tuesday, November 17th at 8:15am in Mr. Sheffield's room. Make sure your ride arrives no later than 5:00 pm on the 21st! See you there!
Our Fort Bend Women's Shelter will be held during the first two weeks of November, from the 2nd to the 13th. We are collecting body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, and new or gently used blankets, single bed linens, and women's and children's socks for the coming cooler weather! This will be a school-wide collection event. Get ready to help, volunteer, and promote for this event!
The NJHS holiday party is scheduled for Thursday December 10th after school! More details will be announced later!
Please sign up to help sell snacks and water at the remaining football, volleyball, and basketball games! This activity counts for service hours! Service Hour sheets are due in December!
Elections for the new 2015-2016 Officers was held on Friday, September 11th. Congratulations to all the winners. We also appreciate all those who participated and campaigned for office. Even if you did not win the election, there are many leadership and service opportunities available this year. Below are the names of the new officers:
President - Alyssa Le
Vice President - Anika Sinha
Hospitality - Emily Guse
Media/P.R. - Suren Lad
Members can print the 2015-2016 meeting schedule(two pages) that can be found on the forms tab, however copies of the Meeting Schedule were handed out at the September meeting. This is very important because it gives you all of our meeting dates and important information for both you and your parents.
1. Qualified students have been notified via letter and application.
2. Signed letters and applications are due back by Wednesday, March 26th.
3. Letter must be returned even if you choose not to participate in NJHS.
4. Students will be notified of membership status the week of April 7th.
5. All new members must attend the Induction Ceremony on Wednesday, April 16th.
6. There is a mandatory new member election meeting on Wednesday, May 14th from 4:00-5:30 P.M. You will be able to vote for your officers, pay your dues and order your T-shirt at that time. (Please bring a check or cash in the amount of $20.00)